Thursday, September 16, 2010

the moments i live for...

Just a minute ago mikey and I had a conversation which in content is so rare.

mikey sitting at his computer, moves to look at me and concentrating on each word mumbled:
"where did daddy go?"

I looked at him and said "daddy has gone to grandads house to do some exercises" (he'd gone to do weights with his dad)

mikey looked around the room and back at me a few times and was clearly processing. So i said it again differently "Mikey, Daddy is going to do exercises with Grandad"

more looking around the room as he processed. I said to him "Mikey, do you understand?" and he responded "Yes", then i asked "are you ok matey?" and he said "uh, yes, i Ok, i good, mikey good, yes"

and then he smiled and went back to his computer :)


I just kinda smiled to myself... i just love those once in a blue moon moments where he shows that he can, through some momentary miracle, be coherrent in the way he thinks.

No comments: